PREP TO POST // Beauty Retouching Workshop // May 19th
PREP TO POST presents a special workshop encompassing Sean Armenta’s beauty post production workflow. Learn beyond running pre-made actions or “secret” tricks and techniques and discover a more holistic approach to retouching.
This is not a workshop for retouchers who work on other photographers’ images. This is a workshop for photographers who want to get the most out of working on their own images without having to hire a retoucher. This workshop will help you stay competitive with your own work in the fields of advertising, editorial, commercial, and portraiture. All lessons will be delivered in a non-technical manner that is easily understood and applied. Learn from practical situations and real-world experience from someone who does this full time.
This workshop will cover:
- Developing a retouching strategy and workflow
- Editing your shoot in Capture One
- How to narrow down your selects
- How to present proofs to the client
- How to prepare RAW files for processing in Capture One
- Preparing the ideal working environment in Photoshop
- Maintaining image quality and color fidelity
- Working with your Wacom
- Recognizing and correcting makeup issues
- Recognizing and correcting skin issues
- Mastering skin retouching
- Preparing files for output
It is advised that you bring a laptop with Photoshop installed to follow along with the day’s lessons. A Wacom tablet is recommended, but not necessary for the workshop. You must have prior basic knowledge of working with Photoshop as this is not a beginner’s class. You must know how to work with layers and know where the essential tools, adjustments, and filters are (i.e. healing brush, clone stamp, curves, hue/saturation/lightness, etc)
Saturday, May 19th, 2012
9am – 5pm
211 E. Columbine Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92707
The cost for this workshop is $350